I cannot believe in three days I’ll be on a flight to London! It’s my first time overseas, and I’m just ridiculously excited. You HAVE to see the itinerary Allie has put together for us – it’s hysterical. As I’m starting to pack, there’s a few travel essentials (also perfect for the flights) that I wanted to share with you!
My Travel Essentials
Patchology products are new to my travel essentials list. I was recently introduced to the brand, and it’s really crazy how often I use their products! The funny part is that I’m not super educated on skin care, masks, etc. But I was immediately hooked. I think what really got me was how well the brand fits with my on-the-go lifestyle. Most of the products I use are for 5-10 minutes max. And the results are amazing!
Now that I’ve been using their products for just over a month, I have a few favorites that I hate going days without!. What I love about Patchology is that everything is at the speed I want it to be at. I can keep a product on for five minutes or I can leave it on for forty-five minutes while relaxing.
Products I Swear By
- Eye Gels: The flight to London is an overnight flight…after a day at work. So it’s safe to say that I’m going to be exhausted. These eye gels are going to be my best friend. I have a few packs ready to go when jetlag gets the best of me. These eye gels are perfect for that quick boost of energy your face needs. They’re loaded with caffeine and collagen, so it looks like you got a full 8 hours of sleep…when it may have only been 4. My favorite part about these gels is how they feel. They stay in place (so convenient) and they feel so good on your skin. I recommend starting out with the 5 pack (but trust me, you’re going to want more). Pro tip: Keep these in the fridge for an extra refreshing sensation!
- Lip Gels: I suffer from extremely dry/cracked lips. Which really isn’t fun, especially in the winter. When I first tried out these lip gels, I was skeptical at first. I have tried so many scrubs, balms, and ointments – nothing worked! I can’t even explain how much I love these lip gels. These gels have HydraSurge5™ Moisture System features which include: Peptides (anti-aging benefits), green tea extract (antioxidant and soothing), and niacinamide (helps prevent skin from losing water).
- Hydrating Mask: I also have a tough time during winter months. My forehead and cheeks tend to get extremely dry. Luckily for me, Patchology has a hydrating mask that I use every 2-3 days, depending on how dry my skin feels. I am usually not a fan of masks because they take too long to actually work. Well, not this hydrating mask! This mask takes only 5-minutes to feel the effects (or you could leave it on for as long as you want)! This mask includes hyaluronic acid (improves skin elasticity), B5 (soften, smooths and moisturizes), and betaine (helps skin retain moisture for superior hydration).
- Mud Mask: When I think of mud mask, I think mess. This mask is anything but messy! Patchology’s FlexMasque™ Technology is the neatest way to clear up your skin and clean out all of those icky things clogging up your pores. My favorite part about this mask is that it doesn’t leave you feeling dry and tight like a traditional mud mask.
One of my biggest concerns when I’m traveling is how dehydrated my skin gets. Since this is a pretty decent flight, I know my eye gels are going to come in handy when we’re about to land. You better believe I’m going to have these babies on under my sunglasses;) I plan on having my hydrating mask handy for when I have some downtime at the hotel. And I’m 100% going to use my lip gels pretty often since I’ll most likely be wearing a lot of lipstick for running around London and for shoots – these will be perfect for treating my raw lips.
Honorable Travel Essentials Mentions
- Vega Sport Protein Bars: I had one of these bars after I finished a half marathon (like 3 years ago), and I’ve sworn by them ever since. Definitely going to need plenty of these in my bag because I love to snack;)
- Reading Materials: I just picked up What Alice Forgot and The Twilight Wife from the library. I love reading during any downtime (I doubt this will happen in London), but I’ll 100% be reading them on the flight!
- T3 Flatiron: I love packing a hot tool in my bag or carry-on when I travel just in case my hotel isn’t ready and I need to freshen up/get somewhere in a hurry. I just received this T3 singlepass luxe flat iron and I love it! I keep it in my gym bag and after I blow dry my hair, I straighten it quickly. It takes about 10 minutes…and I have a decent amount of hair! It’s amazing and has five different heat settings to choose from!
- Slip On Shoes: I recently picked up this pair of slip ons and they’re SO comfortable. They’ll be great for walking around London as well as easy to get on and off at airport security.
What are some of your travel essentials? Tell me what I’m missing in the comments below!