A weekly series dedicated to everything from Q&As, sale finds, weekend updates, sneak peeks and more!
C H A M P A G N E T A S T E
How do you manage both of your jobs?
It’s definitely hard to create that perfect work/blog/life balance. I definitely consider my blog another full-time job. I work from 9AM-6PM every day and then work on my blog from 7:30-12:30 plus weekends. No, this isn’t ideal. But it actually isn’t the worst. I enjoy coming home and working on content. I love shooting on the weekends and exploring the city. So really, it’s easy to manage both of my jobs. My planner is basically my life: I keep track of future posts, what I want to shoot, any reminders, events need to go to. I’m going to do a more detailed post about this soon!
I’ve been thinking about getting an Equinox membership. Is it worth it?
I was definitely torn about whether or not getting an Equinox membership was worth it. I decided to take the plunge when I realized I could get a corporate discount through my company. I know it seems really pricey, but I was also spending a TON of money going to SoulCycle 3-5 times week. It just wasn’t good for my budget (even though I miss classes with Mantas). I’m SO happy I got a membership to Equinox. The facilities are amazing and I LOVE the classes that are offered. I like that I’m able to incorporate different classes into my routine to work on cardio, flexibility, etc.! Check out Champagne Gains below to see more about some of the classes I took this week!
C H A M P A G N E F I N D S
- Okay, Grace’s post on blogging tips and tricks is DEFINITELY a bookmark. I LOVE what she has to say about this industry, even though I’ve been blogging for almost five years myself. I highly recommend you checking it out!
- SALE ALERT: My cute little bow clutch (see this post and this post) is currently on MAJOR SALE! Seriously. I don’t think you’ll believe the price.
- Have you ever looked into H&M’s denim? This high-waisted pair is literally $9.99.
- Still looking for the perfect puffer jacket? This one is currently on sale and an additional 40% off.
- I’m about to finish another book, The Widow, and just picked up this from the library. Have you read it?
C H A M P A G N E D A I L Y
I’m excited to go to Westchester this weekend…well after I shoot some looks on Saturday morning. I love getting out of the city every once in a while and I definitely LOVE spending time in Westchester. I’m not 100% sure what our plan is, hopefully go to my favorite restaurant (Blue Moon) and possibly stop to see my nephews – it’s awesome that they live 10 minutes from Matt’s parents’ house!
C H A M P A G N E G A I N S
I got to the gym 3x this week. I’m just shy of my goal of going 4 times a week, but I’m really going to try and hit that goal. Two of Hallie’s latest posts have really stuck with me and given me motivation to stop making excuse and just get out there and do it! I’m NOT a morning person at all, so Hallie’s morning person tips really got me thinking. I love sleeping and it’s so hard for me to get out of bed. This week, I got out of bed for a 7:45AM class (more on that below). I know that may not seem like a big success, but for me it was. I’m hoping to get a morning work out in 2-3 times a week.
Classes I took this week:
- EQX BARRE BURN: Love this class. I actually don’t sweat a lot, but I’m super focus on engaging my core and feeling that burn
- TITAN METHOD: Okay, this was a new class for me. I was SO intimidated when I walked in – the people, the instructor, the heavy weights people were grabbing. YIKES! I ended up loving it! I sweat a ton and I definitely liked incorporating weight training into my workout routine. Definitely going back!
- PRECISION RUNNING: Long story short, I went from running half marathons to not running at all. And today I realized JUST how out of shape I am. But I also realized how I still have some muscle and stamina. This interval running workout was a great way to start my morning and get back into running. I’m planning on going to this class 1-2 times a week!
C H A M P A G N E T O G O
While working on fashion content is my main priority around these parts, travel is probably number #2. Besides my upcoming London trip at the end of February, I’m working on a tropical getaway as well as a few weekend trips with Matt! Any recommendations for a quick trip? So far, Boston is at the top of my list!
C H A M P A G N E L O V I N ‘
I hope you enjoy this Pop! Fizz! Chat! series as much I enjoy writing and researching for it. If you ever have a question you’d like me to answer, feel free to shoot me an email, tweet me, send me a DM on Instagram, or ask it anonymously here!