A weekly series dedicated to everything from life, travel and fashion Q&A, sale finds, weekend updates, sneak peeks and more!
A little travel, life and fashion Q&A. I want to answer them ALL.
I read your post about careers this week and I wanted to know if you had any advice for interns?
When it comes to advice for interns, the biggest advice I have is to legit soak up every moment. Even if it’s not in your “dream field”, make sure to take advantage of the experience. The interns at my office right now are amazing. I kind of love watching them work because you can see just how happy they are. No task as an intern is too menial. Just remember that.
Here’s what I’m loving, buying and eyeing!
I honestly LOVED all of my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale pieces. Today the sale goes live to the public (meaning everyone can shop and items will sell out even faster). I wanted to share some of my opinions on the items I got to maybe help with your purchase! I’m thinking about shooting some pieces this weekend (the ones that are NYC-humid weather appropriate), and sharing more about them next week!
WHAT I’M KEEPING
- Tie Front Blouse ($32): To me, this is a great staple piece. I bought it in the blush and white colors. I’m usually a size small, but I sized up to a medium. One thing to keep in mind: it is cotton poplin, so it wrinkles easily. But I think the tie front and button back details make up for it!
- Bib Top ($46): This was a surprise hit for me. I wasn’t too sure of it, but I’m SO happy with this top. It fit so well (TTS), and I love the little Swiss-dot pattern. My favorite part? I can wear it now!
- Wool/Cashmere Poncho ($100): This piece makes me wish it was cooler weather. This poncho is INCREDIBLY soft, and it’s going to be adorable with heeled booties. Since I’m on the shorter side, I think it’s kinda long. But there’s nothing a little heel can’t fix. I’m thinking about bringing it as my travel companion next week (for the plane).
- Lace Trim Midi Dress ($35): Again, I LOVE that I can wear this dress now. It’s part feminine, part sexy, and I love the midi silhouette. Can’t wait to pair it with my suede moto jacket…duh.
- Velvet Booties ($80): I was dying for a pair of embroidered floral booties last season, but didn’t find any I loved in my price point. I’m SO happy with these cuties. They’re such a statement shoe, and at under $100, so worth it!
- Cold Shoulder Sweater ($36): I’m still a bit on the fence about this one. It’s super soft and cozy. I also love the tunic length. But I’m not loving the way the cold shoulder sits on my shoulder. SO TORN!!! It’s just a great piece to wear on cold winter days when you don’t feel like getting dressed, ya know?
- Cable Knit Sweater ($36): Okay, this might be the softest sweater I own that isn’t cashmere. I loved the little cropped silhouette. Most likely going to wear with everything too. I have the beige color that’s currently sold out…but I have a feeling they’ll restock so keep checking!
- Capri Mule ($80): So I bought these last year before my Fall trip to the Hamptons (in the light grey color), and I became obsessed. I bought the chestnut color because I thought they were adorable. I’m starting to second guess my purchase ONLY because I don’t know if I want a pair of leather ones instead of suede.
WHAT I’M RETURNING
- Leopard Poncho: You know I love a good leopard accessory. But this poncho just didn’t do it for me. It was a pretty good quality, but it just didn’t drape on me the way I wanted it to.
- Stripe Cardigan: This was definitely the hot item of the sale. Unfortunately, I got the wrong size and I’m drowning in it. Such a bummer.
A little recap on readers’ favorite posts from the past few days and weeks.
Weekend plans, anyone?
Honestly, I never needed a week to be over more than this one. The last two weeks at work were so hectic, I almost can’t even wrap my head around it. I’m only in the office 3 days next week, so I really needed to make sure I could get as much done as possible before heading on my birthday vacation!
I’m finally getting my eyelashes done today (!!!), and then my sweet intern, Kate, is going to take some outfit photos for me. She’s the best;) I owe her a drink afterwards for sure. We’re going to head uptown to visit Allie at Kate Spade Madison Ave., and then I plan on doing nothing the rest of the day. But who knows where Friday will take us. Saturday calls for absolutely nothing (as of right now), which could be nice. On Sunday, Matt and I are probably going to head to Astoria to meet up with his sister, her boyfriend, and his parents for some Greek food!
What are you up to?!
CHAMPAGNE TO GO
Ah, the jet set life…where to next?
Nashville is ALMOST here and I’m getting really excited. Thank you to everyone who gave me recommendations — they’re all on my list! I’m really excited to head to Music City because I genuinely just love country music. I’m so excited to try their food, embrace the south, and wear my Stanley Cup Champion t-shirt to taunt Nashville residents;) Sorry not sorry. So far we have some “touristy” things planned, like a boozy boat day, a party bus/bar tour, and possible a beer festival. Now I just need to find my cowboy boots…………..;)
After this trip, I’m laying low for a bit until my next girl’s weekend to the Hamptons with Allie, Jenn, and Kristyn. I also have a few other trip ideas in mind for later on in the year…more to come!
A few of my favorite blog posts (and articles) from this week!
- Love Taylor in this pretty maxi!
- These photos of Grace are SO good, and I mean doesn’t she look amazing in this dress/hat combo?
- Damsel’s bedroom. DONE.
- The Reformation pieces you need NOW…according to Krystal.
PS: My birthday is on Tuesday and I’m kinddddddddda already being like “but it’s my birthday…”. Just needed to put that out there;)